The Hoboken Climate Hackathon seeks to initiate innovation in the climate industry to solve issues the Hoboken Community is facing due to climate change. This is a week long virtual hackathon where we encourage collaboration and competition between participants to bring forward novel solutions that can directly impact the Hoboken community. We will be hosting seminars throughout the event to help participants develop design and rapid prototyping techniques.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years in age); Teams; Organizations (up to 100 employees)
- Countries: Any excluding North Korea, Sudan, Pakistan, Libya
To submit your project to this Hackathon, you are required to submit the below deliverables. Participants should think of their submision as an "elevator pitch", a concise, but comprehensive overview of the project and its significance.
- One (1) three minute max video pitch describing and/or demoing the solution created by the individual or team
- Any code or mockups that are critical to the project
- Can be uploaded altogether in a zipped file, or as a GitHub link
- Any research material critical to the project (optional)
David Zimmerman - email@example.com
Director of Technology Commercialization at Stevens Institute of Technology
Approach & Idea
- Clearly addresses the stated need - Is feasible from a technical and regulatory standpoint - Is creative and innovative - Is commercially viable and scalable
- Is technically sound - Utilizes technology in an interesting or innovative way - Is demonstrable - Exudes a sense of simplicity and intuitiveness in design and function - Looks appealing and professional - Is designed keeping the end user in mind
- Is described in a succinct and clear manner - Is presented in a way that’s engaging to the audience - Is well-thought out with a defined purpose
- Is there anything you find extraordinary about the project?